Generally there were pending legislation back again in 2013 in California State that might have ended false advertising of plumbing related services to the customer by those that were not qualified but… we never first got it passed. The reason it failed was that nobody but the cheaters had any interest in the check. Visit Site
Lack of effective plumber license adjustment in Washington State is transforming a skilled qualified trade into a commercial con game costing consumers and skilled craftsmen very much.
The problems Affecting Licensed Plumbers and Plumbing Contractors:
you. Unlicensed Plumbers – unproductive enforcement of plumber guard licensing and training
installment payments on your Fake Plumbing Companies – General Contractors Advertising Plumbing related Providers
3. The Price of Advertising – Is definitely incredibly high due to unfair competition from the unlicensed
4. Lack of Consumer Awareness – That they can’t say for sure that real plumbers are an accredited trade. (Drain cleaners are not plumbers)
5. Other trades dreaming to perform plumbing services – i. e. Constructors, General Contractors and the HVAC trades
The plumbing related trade is a controlled industry in Washington Point out. All plumbing work must be performed by people that have a certificate of experience; in other words – a license. Through the years there can been a determined effort by those not in the plumbing transact to violate legislation that restricts who may participate in the trade. The attack on the plumbing technician and the plumbing service provider has come from multiple directions.
There is not one enemy of the accredited plumber, several. The most significant root cause of the plumber certificate losing credibility and value over time is the passivity and inattention of the qualified plumber. Usually, once we have the license inside our hand we don’t think much about it other than to complain about the renewal fees or the imposition of the continuing education requirement.
A plumber license represents years of study, certified training and official permission to engage in a controlled profession. The dictionary identifies license as “an agreement granted by competent power to engage in a company or occupation or within an activity otherwise unlawful”. This license excludes others by law.
If adjustment of a law is weak or ineffective – nobody will obey what the law states.
Today the plumbing industry is under attack from those that wish to be engaged in the organization of plumbing without a license. The sad simple fact is that there was not much resistance from people that are most damaged i. e. qualified plumbers, plumbing contractors and homeowners. The plumbing industry has been invaded by anybody that wants to represent themselves as plumbers without the license because nobody has had an enthusiastic interest in the observance of plumber licensing.
Who also is violating licensing laws and regulations? Answer: Anybody who desires to…
The following investments and businesses all advertise plumbing services today – effectively violation of existing law:
1. Rooter companies without having qualified plumbers or only a token plumbing engineer
2. Contractors advertising domestic plumbing services
3. Plumber students that abandon their training and advertise as technicians
4. Handymen with or without contractor registration
5. Fraudulent website plumbing companies with fake registrations
a few. HVAC companies advertising normal water heater sales and pv panel
7. Water heater companies advertising installation of drinking water heaters
8. Hardware stores offering hot water water heater installations
9. Building maintenance service companies providing plumbing related repairs.
10. Retail Shops – Home Depot, Lowe’s
11. Marketing Companies with fake websites selling leads
12. Third Party Recommendation Services that promote domestic plumbing businesses without having licenses
13. Website re-sellers
14. Amazon online marketplace is now selling plumbing related services on their website (2016)